Senior Front-End Developer
The OMOP Software team is within IQVIA’s RWS and Data Transformation & Analytics (DT&A) business unit. Our goal is to ensure any patient dataset can be accurately, reliably and reproducibly converted to a standard format (OMOP) to enable researchers and pharmaceutical companies to run observational studies, and thus find out what works and what doesn’t in healthcare.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will play an important role in spear-heading the build of the application interface whilst collaborating with backend developers to satisfy the product and user needs.
You will be part of agile scrum team, working with other developers, testers, dev ops and product management team members regularly delivering new features and iterations of working software.
As part of the wider DT&A Technology team, you will also have the opportunity to participate in regular innovation events, where you can show case your skills and interact with likeminded individuals in the pursuit of innovative software solutions to real-world problems.
Who we’re looking for
You will be part of a growing team located across the UK and Europe and with a team office based in Brighton. In this predominately remote role, you’ll be empowered and encouraged to think “outside the box” to develop innovative solutions to drive business and the industry forward. Not only do you love to code, you are a self-motivated individual who can apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to daily challenges.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently across functional teams in a fast-paced start-up-like environment.
- High standard of engineering quality through code reviews and unit tests.
- Extend our platform to handle an expanding set of features.
- Create engineering efficiencies through automation and development of tools.
- Regularly make specific determinations about system performance and respond with sense of urgency to review and fix bug reports.
- Proactively work with Quality Assurance and DevOps to solve system problems.
- Review and refactor legacy code.
- Willing participant in team discussions to solve design and technical needs.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to peers.
- Deep understanding of frontend state management patterns (ideally React hooks).
- Experience with Acceptance Testing (e.g. Cypress, Selenium).
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
Bonus points for
- Experience in working with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and also container systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in life sciences / healthcare sector
- Experience of working within constraints. You understand the value of constraints and find the simplest, shortest and fastest solution for users.
- Experience with data products or data standards
Location and travel
- This role is Remote based, with a requirement to attend team workshops when required at the IQVIA Brighton (UK) office.
- Minimal travel expected to other IQVIA offices, to attend conferences or visit customers.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success.
We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.