ABOUT THE JOB
As part of our growth plans Travel Places has an exciting opportunity for a creative FileMaker Developer. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently taking responsibility for your projects. Able to understand operational needs and offering suitable solutions is an integral part of the role. A passion for innovation, technology and business is essential. Passion about travel and sports would be beneficial.
Working in a demanding environment, our systems need to manage thousands of people travelling around the world, accommodating last minute changes, chartering planes, creating extensive reporting and API feeds to our travel technology partners. We pride ourselves with the appetite to keep ahead of our market outside of standard travel management. We are invested in our sustainability journey and being able to provide clients with detailed carbon impact analytics and reporting. We have client facing portals and travel apps in our near future pipeline that this role would certainly be involved with.
As a FileMaker Developer at Travel Places your focus will be the upkeep and developing our existing FileMaker database. You will need to keep up to date on the latest Claris Studio releases and show where we can use these to enhance our systems for both staff and clients.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years FileMaker developer experience
- Familiar with integrating solutions by using their API, web service or a workflow automation platform
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure, Windows server, Postgres Db, and SQL server is ideal
- Familiar with Microsoft DevOps, Git repositories, source control environments
- Knowledge of other coding or low code environments is certainly a plus
- Experience with backups, restores and replication strategies
- Exemplary ability to communicate technical concepts with written and verbal English-language communication skills
- Earlier experience in IT Security would be helpful
- Knowledge and earlier use of office.com