- Threshold Sports Ltd
- 20-25k depending on experience
- Project Management, Marketing / PR, Production
- Contract Type
AT THRESHOLD WE BELIEVE THAT MORE IS IN YOU™
Our Purpose is to help people realise their potential through world-class events.
We do this by:
- Supporting individuals to go beyond what they feel is possible
- Showing clients how they can fulfil their potential as responsible businesses
- Enabling charities to maximise their fundraising and supporter engagement
- Inspiring our employees to be the best versions of themselves
In 2022, our team successfully delivered more than 30 live events in stunning locations all over the UK and beyond, helping over 40,000 people realise what they are capable of. In the process these events raised over £14m for charity and good causes.
You can find out more about us here.
We’re looking for a new member to join our team.
If you are interested, then read on for a quick snapshot of what life is like here and we’ll take it from there…
We are looking for an exceptional Event Executive to support the team that delivers our largest event series, the Macmillan Mighty Hikes. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading sports events company and to rapidly progress as Threshold continues to grow.
The role will sit on our operations team. We’re the project managers responsible for the physical and technical delivery of every element of our events and we oversee the live event experience of some 40,000 participants per annum. You’ll be in the early stages of your events career, ambitious, with a keen interest in outdoor event operations and the desire to learn as much as you can from a world-class team.
We’ll be asking you to do this:
- Support the Event Director with the project management and delivery of outdoor sports and challenge events
- Plan event logistics such as people, venues and vehicles
- Coordinate the live event delivery of key elements of the events and related teams
- Liaise with key stakeholders including clients, sponsors, and local authorities
- Source, negotiate with, and contract suppliers
- Produce live event documentation
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, generate revenue and reduce costs
It will help if you enjoy the following:
- Working with people
- Planning and organising
- Creating and innovating
These skills will also be useful:
- Good at building relationships with a wide selection of people
- Highly organised with an eye for detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and ideally CRM systems
- Previous events management experience (desirable not essential)
If you don’t fulfil every one of these criteria, then don’t worry. We look for people with potential and a passion for what we do.
SALARY: £20k to £25k per annum depending on experience.
BONUSES: Potential for performance- and company-related bonuses.
HOLIDAY: 28 days (inc. bank holidays) plus time off between Christmas and New Year.
PENSION: 5% employer contribution.
FLEXIBLE HOURS: 9-5pm with flexibility for early or late starts and remote working.
LOCATION: Based from our offices in central Brighton (min 3 days per week).
START DATE: 1st February 2023.
WE LIKE TO KEEP PEOPLE HEALTHY
- 1 additional day off for every weekend day worked on an event
- Vitality Healthcare which includes:
- Discounted Apple Watch or free Amazon Prime if you keep active regularly
- 50% off a pair of trainers every year and free annual health checks
- Subsidised gym membership, free coffees, and cinema tickets
- £250 challenge fund each year to put towards a challenge of your choosing
- Free entry into Threshold events and discounts for friends and family
- Free boot camps, Pilates, Yoga, and afternoon energisers led by other Thresholdians
- Flexible time during the day to exercise or take time out
- Option to buy additional holiday at discounted rate
- Free fruit and other treats in the office (and a well-stocked free bar)
- Mental Health First Aid Training available
WE LIKE BEING SOCIAL
- Annual summer camping trip (fully funded)
- Annual 3-day business planning and celebration trip (fully funded)
- Programme of activity throughout the year from pottery painting to more active pursuits
- Regular catch ups in the pub to put the world to rights
- Fun, welcoming, and lively environment in a bright and social office
WE LIKE TO KEEP LEARNING
- Internal training programmes and opportunity for additional funding for development
- Mentoring opportunities both internally and externally
WE LIKE TO GIVE BACK
- 5yr & 10yr long service rewards with additional annual leave and adventure funding
- Match Funding of up to £100 for any fundraising challenges you take on
- Volunteering days available each year upon request
WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU
The recruitment process is a 3-parter. You are interviewing us as much as we are you and we will cover the important stuff, but also dig into the interesting stuff:
- The written work: Submit an up to date CV (yours ideally) and a cover letter about why you think you would be the ideal candidate for the job
- An initial interview: We will then want to chat in person, on Skype or on the phone to see if we think you would thrive at Threshold
- The final test: If you make it through this far, we’ll ask you to complete a task relevant to your role and come in to present it. We will also get you to meet a range of the team from senior and junior levels. Come armed with questions for us as well.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter of why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com
- Closing Date: Sunday 27th November
- Interviews: w/c 5th December
- Start date: Feb 2023 (flexible for the right person)
- Additional info: Event Exec - Final JD (730kb) (the link will open in a new window)