This is an amazing opportunity to join a dedicated and creative team as a Motion Graphic Designer / Video Editor. Undertake a unique and exciting role within a collaborative environment producing beautifully engaging videos and trailers for a global client base. Dive into the games industry and work with some of the leading publishers and developers, plus award-winning gaming titles. Play a vital role within Portal Studio, working directly alongside the companies Creative Director producing the industry-leading creative our clients demand.
We expect applicants to have a strong, self-motivated approach to design, with exceptional client communication skills and organisation.
Salary £28,000 - £32,000 based on experience + Pension
Who Are we?
Established in 2019, Portal Studio is a passionate creative agency in the heart of sunny Sussex. With an exciting and unique client base, Portal Studio is excited to work with determined and talented individuals. With this in mind, Portal Studio offers the top of the range equipment, tailored to your needs. With a self-motivated and hard-working environment, Portal Studio also encourages collaboration and team project development, while encompassing a friendly in-and-outside of the workplace relationship.
- Producing unique and bespoke motion graphics for the production of engaging trailers and video.
- Showcasing exceptional knowledge of video editing and working with pre-produced video assets to transform into multiple videos and trailers across a range of advertising formats.
- Organise projects impeccably for collaborative use from project start to delivery.
- Working collaboratively and independently when required from concept to project delivery.
- Processing briefs and requirements from managers and clients, while always showcasing enthusiasm and adding value to all projects.
- Work alongside the design team, manipulating their assets to work within trailers and videos being produced.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and advancements to drive new innovative ways of working.
- Utilising audio to enhance visual effects and motion graphic productions.
- A passionate and exceptional creative talent, with a proactive and disciplined nature.
- A strong portfolio of work in each area of motion graphics, animation and video editing.
- Previous employment experience within this field is beneficial.
- A strong, professional and unique portfolio of work is essential.
- Exceptional knowledge across the leading visual effects programs, such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Audition, Cinema4D and the latest plugins.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, with a good understanding of design and asset creation, is preferred.
- Strong typography, layout and illustration abilities.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Impeccable organisation and file structure skills.
Portal Studio offers a generous company pension, 28 days holiday per annum, an extra day of annual leave for every year of service & your birthday day off. We understand the importance of a happy team, so expect health & wellbeing perks, monthly lunch meetings & more.
This is an in-house role in our lovely Horsham office, with the flexibility for 1 day a week working from home.
How to apply
To be a valuable and passionate member of the Portal Studio team, please apply with a CV and cover-letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly showcase your portfolio.
We are always looking for great freelancers so if that’s you, please get in touch as well.
(Our website is currently under re-branding)