Chief of Staff - Exec Assistant
- The Social Kinetic
- Hybrid - Sussex (nr Haywards Heath), London, Home
- £45-£65K dependant on experience
- Office / Administration
- Contract Type
The CEO is looking for a super smart, resourceful, confident, digitally literate right hand, Chief of Staff. Values driven, entrepreneurial, with exceptional people and organisational skills. A strong communicator who understands how to manage her and the business functions, including marketing. Able to coordinate projects and small expert teams. You will be the central and valued contact point for our partners, associates, and high-profile clients. Working with researchers, strategists, behaviour change specialists, UX designers, brand and creative teams. You will bring order and joy to the week.
Support for the Chief of Staff: You will have access to administrative support 4 days a week.
See more: thesocialkinetic.com
You will be the right hand to the CEO. Managing the diary and business functions, managing and coordinating new business, expert delivery teams and partners, marketing and social media.
Building relationships and liaising with connections, clients and the team/associates and the partners we work with. Designing and producing presentations for speaker engagements, workshops and meetings. Maintaining and growing our beloved network. Occasionally, going with the CEO to key meetings – online and face to face. Making her life and the business run brilliantly.
Co-ordinating new business tenders and expert teams delivering our client work. From expert researchers and strategists to UX designers, experts in technology and health, brand, communications and campaign specialists.
What would you do:
Managing the diary and making things tick
- Manage the diary and time of the CEO, including her relationships and networks
- Support her in planning and coordinating new business, client projects, teams and business admin
- Join meetings and follow up on important actions and support the coordination of client projects
- Support the CEO in her role as Chair of the Charity - ‘Stories for Life’
- Maintain the CRM
- Organise and coordinate travel
Co-ordinating the business functions
- Coordinate internal governance: strategy updates with our support teams/partners we work with: finance, HR, contracts and marketing. Key project meetings and reporting
- Manage expenses and liaise with the accounts team
Manage and support the people and teams we work with
- Bi-monthly/quarterly: Manage and coordinate our Sounding Board of experts and SK Family Network events – breakfast events, the occasional away days (online and face to face)
Marketing and Social Media
- Coordinate marketing and social media support, the company newsletter and occasional speaker engagements, ensuring we remain visible and our thought leadership current
- Design and produce high quality presentations - typically in Canva
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Educated to degree level. Track record and skills are most important.
- At least 3-5 years working in a similar role. Experience of working in an SME/consultancy or busy professional services team that works with high profile clients and projects is important.
- Experience of organising and providing administrative assistance and supporting a senior Director or CEO.
- Exceptional literacy and communication skills.
- The ability to work with a wide range of people and partners – we work with C suite clients across National and local government and the private sector (nationally and internationally). This is in addition to a wide range of professionals/partners and specialists, from researchers to academics, UX designers and strategists.
- Excellent computer/digital skills and keenness to keep learning. We use the following: Zoho systems (e.g. CRM and project management and recruitment), Microsoft Office, Excel, Canva, Miro, Zoom and Teams.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, recommend where we can improve, do things differently, find resources and expertise to fill important needs.
- Diplomatic management of people and relationships.
- Confidence in decision-making and prioritisation of tasks and projects.
- Excellent project management and attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter, able to work proactively, think ahead and multitask in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience of putting together smart, high quality and well-designed presentations, tenders and documents.
- Experience of Agile project management methodologies.
You will thrive if you are:
- Calm, organised, able to plan and coordinate multiple project work streams
- Enquiring. Someone who keeps learning and exploring potential, whether it’s how to create a better place to work, or support our clients and partners in better ways
- Driven and energetic
- A strong team player who values people and likes to give back
- Collaborative, flexible and supportive of others
- Interested in positive social impact and current affairs
This is a learning organisation, committed to making a positive difference in the world. A role where the right individuals can grow. Where when we achieve success, there will be potential to share in the reward/recognition and financial profits too.
THE SOCIAL KINETIC WAY - Our values:
HUMAN-CENTRICITY – We value and care for each other. Co-delivering with and for them underpins everything we do.
IMPACT – We hold ourselves to the highest standards, pursuing impact with a deep level of rigour, because we are here to make a difference.
CURIOSITY – We’re constantly learning, knowing there’s always another way of looking at things by asking the right questions.
COLLABORATION – We believe in co-design, co-creation, co-navigation and co-delivery. Nothing done in silos or isolation.