Digital Marketing Specialist
- E3 Events Ltd
- BRIGHTON - Remote working an option
- Negotiable based on Skills & Experience
- Project Management, Design / Creative, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Role: Digital Marketing Specialist (E3 Events)
Reporting to: Race Director – Brighton Half Marathon
Job Type: Freelance engagement initially as a 3-month project – based on 2 days per week December to February (24 Days).
About E3 Events
We are a Brighton-based event management business with over 25 years’ experience of delivering live events both in the UK and overseas.
The business is structured around E3 Events: Live (including owned brands and festivals) and E3 Events: Active (or sports).
This enables us to deliver a range of events from food and drink festivals through to large-scale, mass-participation, outdoor events such as the Brighton Half Marathon.
We are currently looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join our event team delivering the Brighton Half Marathon.
The role would suit a marketing generalist with a passion for all things Digital with input into all aspects of the Events Communication & Marketing strategies.
Now in its 33rd Year, Brighton Half Marathon is firmly established as one of the most popular Half Marathons in the UK and normally sells out well before race day.
The unique seafront course takes in all the best sites that Brighton has to offer – including The Royal Pavilion, the i360 and the city’s famous Regency Squares and is ideal for beginners and more seasoned runners chasing a PB.
Organised on behalf of Brighton charity, The Sussex Beacon, the event is rooted in the local community and provides a perfect platform for fundraising and talking about good causes.
The event comprises a Half Marathon, Youth Races, and a Wheelchair Race and normally attracts more than 10,000 race registrations across all of its events.
We’re looking for a creative, and hands-on Digital Marketing specialist who will be responsible for creating and implementing innovative digital marketing campaigns to drive entries across all of the events that make up the Brighton Half Marathon.
With knowledge of e-mail marketing campaigns and ideally with a knowledge of mass participation sports events, they will work with the Event Team to develop impactful marketing strategies in both the race launch and ongoing sales phases across the Brighton Half Marathon portfolio.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Create organic social media and content marketing, including blog writing & email marketing, for the event.
- Understand how to use audience segmentation data to establish and influence appropriate routes to market.
- Demonstrate how to plan and deliver engaging end-to-end digital marketing strategies and optimise lead generation through online channels.
- Liaise and direct as appropriate external agencies in line with the delivery of the marketing strategies and tactics – digital, design, etc.
- Show strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
- Understand how to best influence the all-important customer journey and experience.
- Create and apply PPC and SEO strategies to support registration activities.
- Conduct keyword research according to the latest strategies and be familiar with digital best practice.
- Oversee the development of engaging content to be utilised in a range of formats and platforms including: e-brochures, websites, blogs, promotional on-line adverts, and email campaigns.
- Monitor key marketing metrics (including Google Analytics) and analyse the effectiveness of marketing efforts for reporting, planning and campaign optimisation.
- Use marketing knowledge to identify and evaluate new digital technologies.
- Manage the expense of digital marketing budgets and measure ROI of marketing initiatives.
- Enhance brand awareness in the digital space.
- Oversee ongoing updates and improvements to various websites utilising CRM systems
Key skills and experience
- Comfortable using Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro, Acrobat etc) HTML, Mailchimp, and WordPress
- Previous experience in consumer digital performance marketing essential
- Ideally a graduate with minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing
- Good knowledge and experience of different digital marketing channels
- Demonstrable understanding of GDPR legislation and data management.
Knowledge, skills, and attitude:
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with a range of senior stakeholders and clients
- Able to manage multiple projects to schedule, often under pressure
- Problem solver, analytical mind, with the ability to think on feet
- Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Approachable and flexible
- Strong team player but able to work independently
- Ability to gather and analyse information
- Will involve working on site over race weekend.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of how your skills and experience are suited to this role. We will conduct preliminary interviews with strong candidates as we receive promising applications so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.