At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Three, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
About the role
The UX Designer role is responsible for creating and championing great user experience design at 15gifts. They do this by understanding the end users, their needs and pain points, and translating those into easy to use designs in line with the client’s wider business requirements.
The UX Designer will take true ownership of our customer experience, study the psychology principles that drive successful interactions and try/test different ideas.
The person we’re looking for
We are looking for a pro-active, collaborative UX designer who has experience working within a UX and Design team to find elegant UX led solutions to the challenges presented by our customers and the product team. The individual would be working as part of a small team including a UX Content Designer and Digital Designer.
You’ll be responsible for
- Working alongside our Product Owners and Product Designers to create groundbreaking digital solutions.
- Conducting usability tests and user research, analysing collated data and making informed design decisions.
- Designing new features and optimisations for our products and internal tools via user stories, user journeys, flow diagrams, information architecture, mockups and prototypes optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions - championing best practice.
- Taking ownership of any UX task/feature to guide its evolution and optimisation.
- Developing ideas that improve user engagement and have a positive impact upon Product KPIs.
- Take a user-centred design approach using the psychology principles to rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Working with developers to ensure feasibility of design solutions.
- Planning, creating and facilitating UX workshops.
- Working closely with our data team and customer success team to ensure design decisions are based on truthful data and needs.
- Translate business and user needs and technology constraints into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging.
Skills and experience
- 3+ years of UX Design Experience
- Has demonstratable experience of working in an agile environment
- Has demonstrable experience of working within a cross functional team to identify solutions to design problems
- A proactive, driven mentality and a desire to continuously improve process
- Able to communicate design decisions to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable using analytics platforms eg: Looker or similar
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex