Senior Front End Developer
- 15gifts Ltd
- Brighton, UK / Hybrid
- £50k - £70k DOE
- Front-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Three, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer to help us grow and meet the demand of a constantly evolving service. You’ll be working with our component library, React front end product and our UX team to implement features or onboard new clients. We work mainly with React/Redux, Storybook and Testing Library, so experience in one or more of these is required.
You’ll be responsible for
- Building new implementations of the decision engine and new features across different clients, platforms, and continents
- Working closely with the UX & development teams to develop external product optimisations and internal tooling
- Participate, lead and contribute to scrum processes and front end meetings
- Maintaining and improving the existing front end codebase
- Review and provide feedback on your team’s code changes
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Proposing and building new features for the platform
- Inputting into development tools and best practices
- Mentoring our junior and mid level team developers
- Helping to deliver projects including estimations, architecture and best practices
- Sharing your knowledge and ideas with the rest of the front end team
- Providing technical knowledge in client facing meetings where relevant
Skills and experience
- At least 8 years of experience working in software development
- In depth experience with React/Redux is required
- Familiarity with unit testing (Jest and Testing Library) and Storybook
- Experience with working on UI Components Libraries
- Experience with picking new tools and technologies to use
- Experience with optimising performance and code
- Experience with web bundling tools like Webpack and Babel
- Familiarity with Github or other version control tools
- Experience building scalable web services and applications
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove, Front-End Development, Full Stack Development