Front End Developer
- Front-End Development, Production, Games
- Full-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Front End Developer
We’re looking for a driven and confident developer to join the Jollywise crew. Jollywise are a creative digital studio, who play in the entertainment, children and family space. We create Games, Apps, Websites and digital experiences. So having an interest in gaming, films, kids tv that’s a big plus.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who loves the creative application of technology and is keen to work on projects for big brands that make a difference to the lives of children and families.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 3 years' experience in a busy digital studio and have a history of delivering websites and interactive experiences to an excellent standard. A good communicator and team player who is comfortable liaising with both developers in their own team, but also working closely with production and creative teams to ensure we have an outstanding end product.
- Developing web facing content to a high standard
- Helping to define tech requirements for client/internal proposals and projects
- Staying up to date with new and emerging technology and latest trends
- Generating ideas with team members and offering insightful solutions
- Working on new projects and updating/maintaining existing projects
- Selling ideas with confidence
- Meeting tight deadlines with a cool head
- Attending meetings and briefings with clients and peers
Essential Skills for the role:
- 3 years' commercial experience
- Experience working with HTML5 / semantic markup
- Experience working with CSS and SASS
- Version control via GIT (we use GitHub)
- Comfortable using Node / NPM / Webpack
- Good knowledge of SEO
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop / Illustrator)
- State management via Redux or React Hooks
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Hybrid app development (cordova / capacitor + ionic )
Salary Range: 35k
Work Type: We are open to considering, flexible or part-time working
- 21 days' holiday, plus 1 extra for every year + bank holiday and shutdown days over Xmas
- Hybrid working between office and home
- Acupressure massage once a month
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company cash back health scheme
- Annual Jolly Holiday (team building)
We are a digital creative studio who specialise in designing, building and creating digital products and experiences for entertainment brands and their audiences.
Since opening our doors in 2006, we have made it our mission to keep fun at the heart of everything we do. Our shared company values have cultivated a knowledgeable, honest and forward-thinking team of creatives and technicians that have made us a trusted name in our field for 15 years.
We can boast a world class client list of entertainment brands and we’ve worked on some of the most prestigious entertainment properties in the world.
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove, Front-End Development, Games, Production