We’re looking for a driven and confident Senior developer to join the Jollywise crew with the opportunity to rapidly progress into development team leader. Jollywise are a creative digital studio, who play in the entertainment, children and family space. We create Games, Apps, Websites and digital experiences. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who loves the creative application of technology and is keen to work on projects for big brands that make a difference to the lives of children and families.
Our ideal candidate would have experience in a busy digital studio, and have a history of delivering websites, apps, games and interactive experiences to an excellent standard. A great understanding of hosted environments specifically AWS is also important. A brilliant communicator with an innate ability to translate the complicated into language everyone understands, especially stakeholders.
- Line management responsibility for the Development team
- Front & back-end development of games, websites and apps
- Defining tech requirements for client/internal proposals and projects
- Staying up to date with new and emerging technology and teaching other developers how to incorporate latest trends
- Generating ideas with team members and offering insightful solutions
- Selling ideas with confidence
- Meeting tight deadlines with a cool head
- Attending meetings and briefings with clients and peers
- Delegating tasks to appropriate team members
Key Skills for the role:
- Experience in hybrid app development using frameworks such as Capacitor and Ionic, Cordova, React native
- Good understanding of AWS hosted environments
- Knowledge of PHP/Express would be nice to have
- Knowledge of the latest AR technologies both Web and App, are desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The confidence to express ideas as part of a technical/creative team
- The ability to lead and mentor other team members
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends
- The ability to meet deadlines and think strategically
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries
- The ability to explain technical jargon to peers
Salary Range: £60 – 65k
Work Type: We are open to considering, flexible or part-time working
- 21 days' holiday, plus 1 extra for every year + bank holiday and shutdown days over Xmas
- Acupressure massage once a month
- Hybrid working between office and home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company cash back health scheme
- Annual Jolly Holiday (team building)
We are a digital creative studio who specialise in designing, building and creating digital products and experiences for entertainment brands and their audiences.
Since opening our doors in 2006, we have made it our mission to keep fun at the heart of everything we do. Our shared company values have cultivated a knowledgeable, honest and forward-thinking team of creatives and technicians that have made us a trusted name in our field for 15 years.
We can boast a world class client list of entertainment brands and we’ve worked on some of the most prestigious entertainment properties in the world.