StreamBid Ltd. provides gamified live bidding services for high-end auction houses around the world.
We are currently looking for a trainee software developer with an interest in functional programming and its application. Previous experience with functional programming and/or ReactJS would be an advantage, however we will also consider relevant transferable skills, and training will be given.
This opportunity would suit an adaptable, independent starter with the ability to motivate themselves. You will need to be happy working in a company with a flat hierarchy and willing to do what is required to reach your development goals. We do not expect employees to work outside their contracted hours.
For the foreseeable future, this position will be remote working. High specification remote working setup will be provided.
As part of the StreamBid team, you will get to solve some interesting problems. Therefore, a proven ability to smoothly move from rapid prototype to structured, maintainable and testable code would be an advantage.
The successful candidate should have:
- Knowledge of Java, C# or C++
- Good analytical skills. You will then need to select a good fit from several competing technologies for use in the tech stack. The resulting system should then be as close to satisfying the specification as possible, given any conflicts.
- A proven ability to effectively collaborate with others, drawing on each other’s strengths while mitigating weaknesses.
- The capability to verify the suitability of any specification and then develop code and infrastructure based on that specification and stack.
- Experience of using Git in a team environment including GitFlow.
- Some knowledge of QA, testing and testing tools such as ScalaTest or Jest.
- Practical debugging skills both locally and across services.
- Willingness to help out others with development-related work if required such as front-end work, testing, setting up service infrastructure, etc.
Nice to have:
- Scala, Kotlin or Haskell
- NextJS, ReactJS
- Postgres or any other RDB
- Webservices, Microservices knowledge (i.e. REST, HTTP, JSON etc.) using Scala and AWS.
- Akka (actors, streams, Akka HTTP etc.).
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems.
- Video Streaming
- AWS services such as EC2, RDB & S3.
- Dev ops/ability to get running and maintain services.
- Data Analysis skills.
- An interest in the various technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Lagom etc.
Based on an initial video interview, we may ask you to complete realistic programming and design challenges in your own time to highlight your skills and problem-solving ability.
StreamBid’s CEO, Richard Leinfellner, has been an executive in the Video Game business since 1984. Whilst this new venture is not a game as such it would be of interest to programmers who have an interest in making enjoyable mass-market software.
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV, a covering letter and, if appropriate, your GitHub/Portfolio.
Direct applications only, no agencies.