Junior / Mid-Level Graphic Designer / Artworker
- Xpress Group
- Manor Royal, Gatwick
- Design / Creative
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
In a nutshell: Talented. Designer. Artworker.
XG are seeking a talented creative to join the studio as an integral part of our team. Working alongside the Studio Manager / Senior Account Managers, you’ll be a self-starter with the proven ability and experience to take a project from brief to completion.
About us: Creative. Print. Signage.
Based in Manor Royal, Xpress Group are an agile multi-disciplinary team. We produce creative from the top down, and also support designers, agencies and marketing teams with print and production. XG are fully supported with an on-site small and large format print facility, plus an installation team. As our business continues to develop, creativity and consultancy are paramount in our studio’s offering.
Established in 1991, our work bridges a wide variety of B2B sectors, including; aviation, construction, retail, events & exhibitions, healthcare, education, science and engineering. Our projects range from branding, brochures and signage to environmental graphics, branded spaces and wayfinding.
It’s all in hand. You’ll be confident:
- Working with the Studio Manager / Senior Account Managers
- Liaising with clients, taking briefs from both key account managers and clients
- Designing to the client’s brief – observing brand guidelines and design styles
- Following the studio workflow by designing / artworking, proofing, gaining approvals and delivering final output
- Pre-Press: checking, pre-flighting & imposing small format print jobs
- Exporting & ripping large format print ready files
- You’ll have a passion for design and to challenge thinking – showcasing enthusiasm and adding value to projects
- Great organisational and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, often across several live projects at once
- A can-do attitude and ability to overcome challenges – working both as a team member and on your own
- Strong typographic and layout skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud, predominately (but not only) InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 applications
- You’ll understand the creative process, the importance of delivering a project on-time and be dependable, punctual and flexible including some overtime
- Ideally, you’ll hold a full UK driving license
Not only but also…
During very busy periods you may be called upon to assist with:
- Site surveys and client liaison
- On-site installation of large format graphics, signage and vinyl
- Laying up vinyl and digital print
- Large & small format pre-production and print
- Laminating & mounting
We are offering varied position in a often fast-paced environment, with a big opportunity to develop new skills within our tight knit team.
XG are an equal opportunities employer.
Please send your CV, examples of your work and salary expectations to:
Brent Simpkin, Studio Manager / Senior Designer
Similar searches: Design / Creative, Gatwick