Digital Content Writer / Editor
- Crescat Digital
- Crawley Offices once per month + Remote Working
- £28,000 - £30,000
- Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
Crescat Digital is a successful and rapidly expanding digital marketing agency based in mid-Sussex, with a broad portfolio of clients across a range of industries.
Due to continued success, we now find ourselves entering a fresh period of growth. To continue delivering the same high quality, we want to bring on-board exceptional talent who want to share our vision.
Part of this opportunity involves expanding our content output. We’re looking for an experienced Digital Content Writer / Editor to join our Head of Content in managing the production and delivery of copy that stands out from the screen and captures the attention of potential leads.
Reporting to the Head of Content, you will primarily be responsible for writing and sometimes copyediting content drafted by our team. This will mean applying editorial insight confidently to produce the best quality output, under strict deadlines, and in-line with the original brief.
You will also work collaboratively with our Creative team to help conceive graphics that accompany your written content, evaluating and augmenting suggestions supplied by our writers. You will be expected to contribute content that meets the needs of the monthly content schedule, set by the Head of Content, for a variety of exciting brands and businesses.
Knowledge, skills and experience
We need someone who can ‘hit the ground running’ from the outset, and be ready to make a wide-reaching contribution.
While some training can be expected, we are looking for a candidate who has already spent a few years building their skills and experience and has a clear vision for their career.
As an experienced Digital Content writer / editor, you will:
- Be a skilled content writer, proofreader, with some copyediting experience.
- Already be a confident and experienced digital content writer, who can prioritise accuracy, brevity, and clarity; understands the importance of tonal consistency; and knows how to engage an audience.
- Have a broad working knowledge of digital marketing theory and best practice, when it comes to content marketing.
- Be familiar with digital marketing tools used by industry professionals and how they aid the production of effective copy.
- Have used a range of CMS solutions, including WordPress, to upload content to the web.
- Be a confident communicator who can engage in discussion with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels in an organisation.
- Be able to work independently, with minimal oversight, and deliver according to scheduled timelines.
- Be degree-educated or possess a relevant qualification or level of industry experience.
Interested applicants are required to attach an up-to-date CV and covering letter with their application.
Preference will be given to those who can also provide some practical evidence of their ability as a content writer, e.g. online portfolio samples or a personal website.
Interviews will be conducted via a video call on Zoom OR in person at our offices in Crawley.
- Salary: £28,000 - 30,000
- Full-time position
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Company laptop
- On-site office parking
We’ve set high expectations for ourselves when it comes to the wellbeing of our team, and want you to experience a positive, inclusive, and comfortable working environment.
The result is a vibrant and energetic team dynamic. We thrive on ingenuity and hard work, but also acknowledge the importance of a good work–life balance.
Currently our team works remotely. However, there will be an occasional requirement to attend at our Crawley office for internal office days and client meetings. For this reason, applicants should live within a reasonable travelling distance.
*Applicants are required to be based around, and work in, the U.K.*
Similar searches: East Sussex, Editorial / Content, West Sussex