Unicorn Publishing Group is looking to hire a Business Development Executive primarily based in our office near Lewes. Unicorn is a leading independent publisher with four imprints producing titles on a wide range of subjects including the visual arts, cultural history, military history and biography.
This is an opportunity for an organised, articulate and enthusiastic self-starter to join our team at an exciting time of new growth. The ideal candidate will be a proactive sales person, able to work independently without supervision. They will be part of a small team looking to secure new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services.
Excellent attention to detail and a personable, confident manner are essential as well as numeracy skills and computer literacy in Office programmes (Excel, Word and Outlook), along with digital fluency and a working knowledge of social media (this might become part of the strategy to build the client base). An academic background in art, history or publishing would be an advantage but not essential.
There will be an expectation of some out of hours working when required for launches and events, usually in London/ South East and some exhibition/tradeshow attendance may also be required.
A full, clean UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle is essential, due to the remote office location.
This role is office-based full time but some hybrid working will be considered to accommodate the right candidate and travel requirements.
Key skills and attributes:
- The ability to research, sell and implement ideas, products and services & interpret client opportunities
- Effective time management skills, ability to multitask & work to targets
- A strategic and creative mind
- Excellent personal and telephone communication skills
- A passion for sales, attention to detail, and customer service
- A solid understanding of business and marketing principles
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Creating strategies to successfully research, target and reach new business opportunities
- Building relationships with new clients, gauging their needs and developing proposals to address these needs
- Maintaining and developing relationships with current clients
- Pitching sales and products to new and existing clients
- Attending conferences and events to build relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends
- Creating sales forecasts and actively working towards reaching them
- Possessing a strong understanding of the company’s products, the competition in the industry and positioning
- Collaborating with design and sales teams to ensure that the requirements are met.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to David Breuer, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more company information please visit www.unicornpublishing.org