PR Account Assistant
- Midnight Communications
- Hove, BN3 1AS
- Salary circa £21.5k
- Account Handling, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Midnight is seeking a bright and ambitious graduate to support its busy team in its Hove office.
Award-winning Midnight Communications is one of the South East’s longest established PR companies, offering a diverse client portfolio with whom we work on both a regional and national basis. Established in 1995, we’ve won over 60 awards – both nationally and regionally – including PR Week’s PR Company of the Year and numerous business, consumer and media relations awards.
The role of PR Account Assistant will involve research, writing (press releases, blogs, articles etc), social media (writing posts etc), identifying stories and pitching to the media, client liaison, press cuttings and other aspects of administration.
Midnight handles a mix of business and consumer PR campaigns, with the focus being on business-related PR.
This is an entry level role with ample scope to progress within the team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to at least degree level – they will need to be able to learn quickly and understand varied and sometimes complex issues
- Have some experience of working within a business (PR or other relevant experience would be especially welcome)
- Have knowledge of, be interested in and excited by, social media
- Be smart, sparky and full of energy and ideas
- Be able to work as part of a team but have the self-confidence, common sense and experience to also work fairly autonomously at times
- Be a strong writer and fluent communicator
- Have a nose for a story and a genuine interest in current affairs
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday 9-5.30/6pm. We are based in the vibrant area of Hove, a short walk from central Brighton.
Midnight’s package includes:
- Salary circa £21.5k
- Private healthcare scheme
- Gym membership
- Performance-related bonus
- 25+ days annual leave (21 days basic plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year, plus birthday off)
- Additional loyalty annual leave days – 1 per year, capped at 5 days.
- Tailored career development, with six monthly reviews and a bespoke training programme
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Annual social away weekend, company strategy away days
- Regular team socials
Please apply with your up-to-date CV and a short statement (250 words) about why you think you would be successful in the world of PR and the sort of clients with whom you would most like to work.
Similar searches: Account Handling, Brighton and Hove, Marketing / PR