- Eljays 44
- Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Eljays44 is an established media, publishing and events business based on the South Coast of England. Established in 2011, Eljays44 and its brands established itself as the go-to channels for all things related to the horticulture and landscaping sector.
The Researcher/Business Reporter will report into the Editor of our flagship publication, Pro Landscaper.
- Owning, producing and managing the data for Pro Landscaper’s UK Landscape Barometer
- Recruiting industry professionals to take part in the UK Landscape Barometer via telephone and email
- Preparing a cohesive and engaging report each month based on the data for Pro Landscaper magazine
- Compiling engaging and relevant content for a new Business Section in Pro Landscaper magazine
- Producing news and features with a focus on the state of the market and how certain news stories are impacting the landscaping industry
- Cooperate and liaise with the whole Pro Landscaper team, including sales executives, marketing team, writers, assistants etc.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Submerse yourself in the industry, being the go-to trusted media source for stories
- Organisational skills, most importantly being able to hit stringent deadline targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for a story, and the ability for critical thinking
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Understand the role of B2B magazines and their importance within their sectors
- Ability to make quick decisions and take a logical approach to your work
- High level of attention to detail
- The ability to engross yourself within the marketplace
- Ability to hit deadlines with quality content
- A positive attitude and determination to succeed
- Degree in Journalism or related subjects (preferred)
- A clean UK driving licence and a car (or other means of transportation) (required)
- Clean and modern working environment based in the centre of Rustington, with local shops, parking facilities and gyms.
- One-hour lunch break (Monday to Thursday), early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown (3 days retained from annual leave)
- Your birthday off!
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company away days, incentives and monthly performance meetings
- Average Working hours: 35 (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
Inclusivity at Eljays44
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles, and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That is regardless of your gender, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity.
If you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience, or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Eljays44 is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.
Similar searches: Editorial / Content, West Sussex