React / Laravel Developers
- Wild Dog Design
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Full-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Wild Dog Design is looking to expand the development team with a React/JS developer and a PHP Laravel developer.
Both roles require at least 3-4 years of development experience. We are keen to find enthusiastic and experienced individuals, who write structured, reusable and efficient code and care about the quality of the work they produce. We are looking for devs who enjoy working on products (rather than projects) and want to continually improve and develop them.
We have a selection of pre-existing React/Laravel applications that require ongoing development, as well as a collection of projects that are undergoing translation from Vue to React. Our dev team (5) works collaboratively to discuss solutions to challenges that arise in new and ongoing projects and are always on hand to help each other. We are looking for two people to join the team who are keen and enthusiastic about all things digital, so if one of these roles sounds like you, please reach out!
It is essential that you have good communication skills and love coding, as well as be able to reciprocate sharing knowledge with the team. You will have the opportunity to shape the React and Laravel coding practice and decisions based on your experience and will get to contribute new ideas and suggestions for future development. As an agency, we work on a variety of big and small projects so you will have a passion for creating new things as well as building upon previous work to expand the scale of projects over time.
We offer many exciting opportunities to learn and develop, including
- Custom online booking journey for a travel company
- Custom Carbon Emissions Calculators
- Development of our bespoke Laravel SaaS project ‘Canvas’, offering custom itinerary generation via PWA
- Custom online booking journey for a medical company
Please note, a degree is not a mandatory requirement.
Fundamental skills required for both roles
- Understanding of version control (Git)
- Understanding of GET, POST and PUT
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Thorough understanding of the Laravel PHP Framework and its core principles
- PHP (Version 7.4 and 8)
- REST API Experience
- Understanding of Object Orientated programming
- Experience with Laravel Blade or similar
Bonus experience (both roles):
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- SCSS - BEM Notation
- Knowledge of Accessibility best practices
- CLI/Terminal and the ability to navigate and use remote servers
- Understanding of Vue and other JS frameworks
- Cron Jobs
- Integrating with Stripe
- Integrating with external API services
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Knowledge of isomorphic React
- Coding experience on a Mac
About Wild Dog Design
Wild Dog Design is a B Corp Brighton-based digital design agency with a deep understanding of technology, a passion for beautiful design and the experience and desire to combine the two. We create technology and design for a number of market sectors, with a particular focus on travel, sustainability and pharmaceutical. At our core, we offer a unique custom WordPress solution for many of our clients, some with custom APIs to integrate native and third-party systems.
Added to this, we recently developed and launched a SaaS product called Canvas, which is a bespoke Laravel application that offers custom itinerary generation via a PWA: a unique offering to the specialist travel and event industry and a product that offers the scope to grow into a number of adjacent areas. Many of our projects require us to create specialist pieces of technology to address a whole variety of challenges.
We live and breathe our clients’ projects as if they were our own and we strive every day to grow as individuals, and as an agency, to be better and more innovative.
- 21 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working - based in Brighton
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Opportunity for self advancement and training
- Weekly team socials!
Current working arrangements
We are working flexibly while the majority of the team works a few days in the office and a few days at home. Currently, we all meet on Wednesdays in our modern studio based in the SPACES building, Mocatta House, which boasts a variety of work environments for individual and team work. There is a café on the ground floor, break out reception areas and also a bar leading out to a roof terrace on the top floor.
Everyone is welcome at Wild Dog Design.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences is our best and biggest asset.
All our employees should be who they are; and feel free and comfortable. We value them. We appreciate them as they are the life that is our agency.
As employers, we will prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Together we are creative and fearless. We strive to be kind, honest and considerate to each other at all times. To celebrate and embrace our differences, and collectively to make where we work the best that it can be.
In short, we aim to be a truly inclusive organisation. Our approach is very simple – it’s about you. It’s about everyone.
Similar searches: Back-End Development, Brighton and Hove, Front-End Development, Full Stack Development