Senior Software Engineer
- £45,000 - £60,000
- Back-End Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with considerable experience of working with PHP and Laravel to help take us to the next level. You will be responsible for the software development of the Tillo platform, including quality & software security. The successful candidate will join an exceptional development team, creating and constantly evolving our unique technology. Check out our Engineering Hub to find out more about the team!
Main duties and areas of responsibility:
- Working on building out and maintaining our existing projects.
- DevOps - monitoring and maintaining both test and production environments.
- Maintaining the high standards of our codebase.
- Integrating to third-party services and APIs.
- Mentoring other team members.
You are a technical professional and specialist in certain areas - if you don’t know the answer, you will go out and find it. You're able to delegate responsibilities, and support more junior engineers. Communication is hugely important to you, you encourage ideas from others and are open to changing your mind.
- Working with Laravel and developing object-oriented PHP.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, as you may be liaising with internal and external customers on a regular basis.
- Understanding of the OWASP Top 10 and secure development principles.
- Keeping documentation up to date.
- Familiarity with AWS services.
- Designing efficient SQL queries and schemas.
- Writing automated tests (both unit and functional - experience with Test-Driven Development is a bonus).
- Familiar working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Knowledge and experience with other back-end languages.
- Front-end frameworks such as Vue.js/React/AngularJS.
We offer all our employees trust, and we empower our team to work with flexibility and autonomy. We’re a close-knit team and love working collaboratively. With our hybrid model, our team can come together at our fantastic office in Hove, but also focus in their own space.
We champion diversity and prioritise inclusion and we are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We know that Imposter Syndrome can hold you back from applying to certain roles, but if you are interested we strongly encourage you to apply so we can discuss this or other opportunities at Tillo.
We completely understand the importance of work/life balance and offer a supportive and collaborative working environment with the following benefits:
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Designated Shares Options for all employees
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy
- Quarterly staff engagement surveys - to listen and act on the employee voice
- Regular employee wellbeing activities, including company lunches and away days where we do everything from helping local charities to traditional team building activities
- Retail discounts
- Raising money for a charity outside of work? We’ll match your donation with our charitable matching contribution
- Well stocked drinks fridge and snack cupboards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering scheme partnering with OnHand
If you want to be at the cutting edge of digital innovation, work within a fast paced and supportive environment, and are looking for a career-defining role, then look no further…
Similar searches: Back-End Development, Brighton and Hove, Software Engineering