- Wired Sussex
- Brighton / hybrid
- Marketing / PR, Office / Administration
- Contract Type
Are you an aspiring or experienced Digital and Events Marketer looking to start or grow your career? Do you enjoy building and getting involved with communities online?
As coordinator of Digital Marketing and Events at Wired Sussex, you'll play a critical role in ensuring the successful delivery of Wired Sussex and FuseBox events, including our annual digital skills festival Talent Fest, and researching and sharing success stories from our members.
We’re looking for someone who is…
- Proactive, with initiative and a passion for learning, who can organise their time effectively and communicate clearly
- Able to transform technical jargon into clear, succinct comms
- Good at building rapport with others and confident meeting new people
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills and grow with the role
- Comfortable completing basic design tasks
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to attend and participate in Wired Sussex events where appropriate
You’ll be responsible for…
- Planning and promoting all Wired Sussex events to appropriate audiences
- Writing copy for digital marketing, email and social media, to align with event briefs
- Managing our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Sending email newsletters and campaigns
- Sourcing and editing images and creating graphics to aid the promotion and delivery of events (you’ll need reasonable Photoshop skills, or a desire to learn)
- Working to Wired Sussex brand guidelines and being fully cognisant with the tone of voice, evolving event graphics templates as and when needed
- Supporting the Diversity / Inclusion toolkit with new additions, championing it in newsletters/marketing
- Being the point of contact for showcases, news, events submissions, promoting members, updating website, newsletter lists
You’ll have knowledge of and experience with…
- Social media management, email marketing, and graphic design
- Short form copywriting
- Promoting and communicating across a range of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Slack)
- Writing and sending email and Mailchimp or CRM campaigns
- Drafting press releases
- Creating and updating visual communications and graphics. A knowledge of or willingness to learn basic Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Canva would be a big plus
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
About Wired Sussex
Wired Sussex is an independent, not-for-profit membership organisation that exists to support the digital, media and tech community in East Sussex. We are a small and friendly team based right around the corner from Brighton’s North Laine in a creative and collaborative innovation hub called The FuseBox.
Brighton and the surrounding Sussex area is home to a thriving digital, media and technology sector. Its hub of digital excellence, inspiration and innovation is one of the most successful in the UK, with an annual turnover significantly exceeding £1 billion.
Every day is different at Wired Sussex, with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting and innovative projects and initiatives designed to support the local digital cluster, and with the thousands of wonderfully talented companies and freelancers which make up our network.
We help our members to:
- Have a stronger voice. We get heard when we speak together. We amplify our members’ voices to universities, government and other key institutions.
- Get new clients. Get real leads on paid work opportunities with our Commissions & Briefs board.
- Find great talent. Our specialist Jobs site is a brilliant resource for members to find new talent.
- Build their expertise. Connect, collaborate and learn with our extensive programme of expert events.
- Generate more business. Win more work by promoting their services and success stories throughout our website and social media channels.
- Promote their workspace. Advertise their spare studio, office or desk space to others in the community.
- Stay ahead of the curve. Our unique range of programmes and initiatives are designed to help members create, innovate and grow.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and, as per the Skills and Talent Manifesto that we created with our community, we believe that anyone should be able to have a fulfilling career in the digital, media and tech sector.
We welcome applications from people with a disability or health condition, including those who would require additional support through the access to work scheme to perform their role.
Curious about life at Wired Sussex and what we look for in new team members? Check out our blog post.
If you're excited about this opportunity and believe you have the skills and experience we're looking for, apply today.
Closing date 21/03/2023. Please note, we are reviewing applications as they come in and may close this advert early if we find the right candidate.
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove, Marketing / PR, Office / Administration, Remote working