- Eljays 44
- £25k-£30k DOE
- Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Job title: Deputy Editor
- Salary: £25k-£30k DOE
- Full time
- Start date: Immediate
- Location: Office based
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday 8.30am-1.30pm
Eljays44 is an established media, publishing and events business based on the South Coast of England. Established in 2011, Eljays44 and its brands established itself as the go-to channels for all things related to the horticulture and landscaping sector.
We are now looking for a deputy editor to assist on our flagship B2B publication Pro Landscaper, with the intention for the successful applicant to develop into the editor of the magazine over time.
The successful candidate will need to become embedded in the industry. They will collate stories and features focused on the landscaping sector and tailored to our readers. Each month, they will help to plan and produce the content for our flagship magazine Pro Landscaper, including interviews and portfolios.
The primary location of this role is office-based; however, you may need to travel to various locations to meet with clients or attend events, as per business requirements.
- Proven experience in an editorial/journalism role
- The ability to engross yourself within the marketplace
- Understand the role of B2B magazines and their importance within their sectors
- Ability to identify and deliver new relevant initiatives/content
- Ability to make quick decisions and take a logical approach to your work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to self-manage and proactively take on new projects. Using your initiative to drive our brands and display perseverance to achieve monthly deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- A positive attitude and determination to succeed
- Knowledge of the horticultural industry.
Benefits & Perks:
- Clean and modern working environment based in the centre of Rustington, with local shops, parking facilities and gyms.
- One-hour lunch break (Monday to Thursday), early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown (3 days retained from annual leave)
- Your birthday off!
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company away days, incentives and monthly performance meetings
- Average Working hours: 35 (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
Inclusivity at Eljays44
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles, and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That is regardless of your gender, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity.
If you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience, or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Eljays44 is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.
Similar searches: Editorial / Content, West Sussex