We are currently recruiting for a Digital/Print Designer for our Brand & Marketing team at Boundless.
Working hours: Part time, 21 hrs per week (Flexible hybrid workplace)
About the role
Boundless are a not-for-profit membership club who help those working in the public sector and civil service to get more from their time and money through money-saving offers and perks, access to top attractions, online community groups, ideas and inspiration. This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative individual to join our busy but friendly in-house design/marketing team.
We deal with a large number of varied and challenging projects and campaigns, all of which are designed to support and promote our exciting brand both off and online. You’ll be working in a collaborative environment with a buzzy team culture and it’s crucial that you have experience dealing with a wide variety of projects on a broad range of channels.
You’ll be working on a range of marketing collateral, from branding, logos, social-media design, marketing materials, emails and front-end designs for digital platforms to storyboarding, animation and motion/video work.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a creative all-round designer with a passion for both digital media and print, but with a strong emphasis on digital (roughly an 80% digital/20% print split). The position will suit someone who’s keen to work in a dynamic and vibrant business with a can-do attitude and is obsessed with creating clever and beautiful designs that deliver results. You’ll have a hunger to learn as much as you can and your aim will be to increase user engagement and member acquisition through brilliantly executed design channels.
You’ll be involved in all stages of the design process and should actively contribute to creative brainstorms with new ideas and solutions. You’ll take responsibility for multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they’re all delivered on time and to the highest standard. Working alongside our Senior Designer, you’ll be required to take direction and briefs and turn them into brand-accurate, exciting solutions.
You must have suitable experience either in-house or at an agency where you have worked within a team environment working on both digital and offline content, with a varied portfolio that showcases both your creative thinking and passion for projects.
- Getting to know our brand and keeping our guidelines up to date and relevant
- Designing digital/print campaigns for Boundless and its various brands
- Creation of online pages, advertising, web banners, social media and email
- Creation of offline advertising, branding, marketing collateral
- Ensure all digital/print marketing materials are produced to brand guidelines
- Contribute ideas and provide concepts for campaigns
- To present creative solutions in response to marketing strategies.
- Create short social media videos and/or graphic animations where required
- Contribute to any overall video production and ideas
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience using all the below:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
- Adobe Premiere Pro (desirable)
- Adobe After Effects (desirable)
What we offer in return
Brighton is a great place to work, and our office is located in the very heart of this vibrant city, just a two-minute walk from the main station. We have some brilliant and talented people working with us and joining Boundless is an opportunity to become part of a growing and ambitious team that takes pride in putting its people and members first. We care about our culture and work hard to create an attractive and rewarding place for our people to work in.
We also provide a generous employee benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Twenty-four days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution up to 10 per cent
- Life insurance (4 x pensionable salary)
- Boundless membership
- Access to Vitality Health and Wellbeing benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development opportunities
- Bike2work and Home Tech schemes
- Access to Lifetime financial wellbeing platform
- Meet & Eat once a month
- Plenty of socials (beach cleans, summer and Christmas parties and more)
Boundless is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you require any support or need to discuss reasonable adjustments, please contact us at PeopleAndCulture@boundless.co.uk or you may call us at 01273 744772.
How to apply
To apply for the above position please send us a copy of your C.V., including samples of your strongest creative digital/print work that you feel reflect your strengths and show off your creative excellence, as well as your salary expectations and a covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role.