Mid Level Back End Developer
At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Three, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
About the role
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn, understand, innovate and grow with us.
At 15gifts we are on a journey to replatform our tech-stack, this means moving away from older technologies, practices and architectures in favour of newer more modern approaches.
The Developer is responsible for completion of sprint work and maintaining the product quality. The Developer is also involved in estimations of tickets and participating in the Scrum process. They ensure all features and implementation are done to the coding standards we aim for at 15gifts.
You’ll be responsible for
- Managing quality assurance by adhering to code standards, design principles and source code analysis tools through to the use of continuous integration, automated unit testing, deployment automation and code coverage tools.
- Design, develop, and code testing where appropriate.
- Creating documentation on projects and functionalities
- Maintain any documentation when necessary to reflect the latest changes of a feature/functionality.
- Complete assigned tasks to time and quality standards.
- Ensure all features meet and adhere to Quality Assurance processes
- Ensure code quality standards are followed
- Adhere to relevant security policy
- Create and maintain documentation
- Participate and contribute to Scrum processes and meetings (ie Sprint planning, Updating ticket statuses, effort estimations… )
- Ensure any secure coding standards are followed
- Ensure unit test coverage of new features and refactored code and maintain regression test scripts.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of development experience
- A bachelor's degree in computer Science or similar
- Experience in implementing solutions for Backend systems
- Experience in communicating with and working within multi-disciplined teams
- Experience with Version control systems such as GitHub
- Ability to assimilate and acclimate to new technologies & Languages
- Knowledge of and appreciation of code quality standards and best practices
- Unit tests & Code coverage
- Working Knowledge of PERL
- Working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of Frontend React/HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience with containerisation (Docker) or Virtual Environments (Vagrant)
- Experience working with code quality tools such as SonarQube
- Experience of Pearl advantageous
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Positive vibes
- Take the initiative
- Seek feedback
- Stay ahead
- Team 15gifts
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex