Innovation Programme and Events Manager
- Wired Sussex
- Brighton / West Sussex / hybrid
- £32,000 - £36,000 pa
- Business Development, Project Management, Marketing / PR
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Type of role: Full time role / permenant
Starting: July 2023
Reporting to: Director of Innovation.
Overview of the role
Wired Sussex is looking for a Programme and Events Manager who will lead on the delivery of exciting innovation programmes and events for growing digital, creative and tech start up and scale up businesses across the Sussex region.
The post will report directly into the Director of Innovation and the first project to be delivered will be a programme of events to improve digital adoption across West Sussex. Working closely with our project partners you will be responsible for the successful delivery of all events, ensuring events are well attended, the day runs smoothly and that our workshop speakers and mentors are adequately prepared for delivery.
This role will also play a key part in managing our expanding events and projects strategy for The Fusebox (our creative and digital innovation hub) and the greater Wired Sussex membership base which includes expert workshops, networking, show and tell events, socials amongst others.
- Provision of support to the Director of Innovation for scheduling activities and communications related to the programme of events. This could be workshop speakers, business mentors, business owners or the project team.
- Work closely with our project partner to ensure that all events and activities are well organised and delivered to a high standard.
- Support with programme outreach activities to recruit relevant workshop speakers and mentors.
- Maintain record keeping and monitoring systems for programme interventions.
- To maintain a feedback process ensuring attendees' satisfaction with the workshops and programme activities.
- To foster and facilitate community spirit using communication channels and other community activities.
- To support marketing activities, event planning, and related administration.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
Essential skills and experience
- Direct experience in managing and running events
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of GDPR regulations and how this relates to event and data capture
- Confident in communicating to senior people ie business owners
- Able to use initiative in the moment and take responsibility
- Thrives in a small team with high levels of accountability
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to reflect, learn and build on past experiences/events with a commitment towards continuous improvement
- Creative and problem-solving skills – a can-do, positive attitude
- Commutable distance to our Brighton hub
- Willing to travel across West Sussex for programme delivery and be on the ground at each event (travel expenses will be covered)
- Knowledge of start-ups either through working for one or working with them in a accelerator or incubator space
- Keen interest in technology and how it can enable growth and innovation within organisations
- Experience working with Google Suite, Slack, Hubspot (or other CRM) desirable but not essential
Benefits of working at Wired Sussex
- An inclusive and welcoming team
- Access to central Brighton innovative workspace, the Fusebox
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team events & socials
- Opportunities to develop and grow
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter. We are happy to accept applications from those who don't feel they currently have all the experience we are asking for, but please address this positively in your covering letter.