Marketing Assistant - International Climate Events
- Rethink Events Ltd
- Central Brighton
- £22k Basic Plus Profit Share
- Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Rethink Events creates and delivers international business conferences promoting new technologies in sustainable agriculture, food, energy and water.
Based in Brighton, we work globally, with our biggest events taking place in San Francisco, New York, London, Singapore, Los Angeles, Amsterdam and São Paulo.
We are currently seeking a new marketing assistant to support the team in the promotion and running of our international business summits. This is a challenging and varied role, with the following responsibilities:
- Upload new content to the event websites, including blog posts, images and agenda
- Proof-read and check all websites regularly to ensure they are accurate and up to date
- Create graphics in Canva for use in email campaigns and social media
- Support our social media campaigns by monitoring industry news, gathering internal news from the team, writing and programming content
- Assemble content for brochures and on-site materials, following up with speakers and sponsors by telephone where needed
- Gather data from relevant associations/competitor events to build our internal database
- Issue press invitations to journalists, and follow up on post-event articles
- Help to run events on the day as a key part of the event team
Could this be the right role for you?
This is a busy, varied role and our ideal candidate will be bright, energetic and highly organised, with the following skills:
- Strong written communication skills - accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Proficiency in Canva or other graphic design/image editing software
- Understanding of social media for business, especially LinkedIn and Twitter
- Knowledge of website content management systems - ideally Wordpress
- Experience in client relationship management
- An understanding of marketing databases and confidence in learning new systems
- Excellence in Microsoft Office - especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and organised, with an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
This role would suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years’ work experience who is looking to move into events or marketing. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a foothold in the industry and there are excellent opportunities for progression into marketing or event management.
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR