Digital Project Manager
Who we are
We’re a digital customer experience agency, collaborating with healthcare and pharmaceutical organisations around the world to create digital experiences that are truly aligned to their audience needs. Our services fall under three core pillars; strategy, user research and design.
In joining Graphite, you’ll become part of a creative and diverse team that genuinely cares — about our people, our customers, and the patients and healthcare practitioners that are impacted by the work that we do.
Through collaborative working and a commitment to continuously developing our people and processes, we are able to make a measurable difference to people’s health and wellbeing through creating exceptional digital experiences.
We’re headquartered in Brighton, with our teams working remotely across the UK.
We ask that all applicants are within a commutable distance to London or Brighton as occasional visits to the office are required.
- Facilitating clear project communications through regular project ceremonies
- Authoring project documentation and reporting to the wider business
- Maintaining (and improving) the standards of project documentation and ensuring that templates are kept up to date and consistently used by all team members.
- Facilitate sharing of best practices through collaborative working
- Working closely with our production team, external suppliers and partners to deliver high quality work that delights our customers
- Capturing user stories and creating acceptance criteria, managing tickets and providing status updates via Jira
- Planning, scheduling and supporting resource management of your project
- Reporting on project progress, burn rates etc.
- Managing risks and scope
- Knowledge of web technologies, capabilities and limitations
- Basic knowledge of creating and managing projects in Jira
- Experience with helping to manage technical projects and working with creative and technical individuals
- Experience with delivering a project from conception to development
- Experience with working closely with clients to gather requirements and prioritise work on a regular basis
- A good understanding of design and the importance of a great user experience
- Highly organised and efficient
- Confident working with others to inspire a high-quality standard
- Should communicate with warmth and positivity
- 3+ years of agency experience (significant relevant client side experience also considered)
Extra points for Scrum certification and experience would be a bonus, but we can provide CSM training if required.
Read our employee experience introduction to see all our benefits; including:
- Private health insurance with high standards of cover
- Comprehensive private dental plan
- Employee carbon offset scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Personal development time and annual training budget
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years
- Opportunities to give back with dedicated time for community engagement and charitable initiatives to suit your interests — young talent; diversity and inclusion; environment and sustainability; wellness
- Free employee assistance support for personal challenges, whether legal, financial or medical
- Cycle to work and electric vehicle car lease schemes
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
Please apply via our online application system and include a covering letter along with your CV.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are currently unable to accept applicants without this.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge and perspectives and all that they bring to our teams. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.