- We Are Tilt
- Brighton / Remote
- £26,000 to £28,000 depending upon experience
- Design / Creative
- Contract Type
We’re on a quest to find an exceptionally talented junior filmmaker to join our team of brilliant storytellers. As part of our small, multi disciplined crew, you'll have the chance to create award-winning short films that captivate both internal teams and external audiences around the world.
You don’t have to have be formally educated in filmmaking and you’re not expected to know everything – at least not yet! Perhaps you have hands-on experience with expensive cinema cameras, or maybe you simply make amazing things on your phone. What we need to see, is that you live and breath it, and know how to tell a visually arresting story with emotion and heart.
If you’re focussed on one aspect of filmmaking as part of a larger filmmaking team / pipeline, this job is not for you. We need a creative all-rounder, who can equally participate in a client workshop, get stuck into writing a proposal with the team, formulate a shot list, rig a light, work a camera, change a lens, hold a boom, sync the sound, choose the perfect music, identify good stock footage amongst all the cheese, and find the compelling narrative thread of a great edit.
Tilt are brilliantly located in central Brighton near the station, where we work in a hybrid way – balancing our time between the studio and working from home.
If this all sounds like you, or sounds like someone you could be given half a chance, please get in touch and send us links to some of the great things you’ve already filmed – be it professionally, or in your spare time – and tell us about yourself.
- Excellent storytelling abilities and a keen eye for detail.
- A good collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team.
- A strong understanding of the film making process from pre-production to post.
- A keen passion for filmmaking and storytelling as a whole.
- Great editing skills.
- Something that you’ve made to show us.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong knowledge of Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve.
- Experience with mid – high end cinema camera’s.
- Knowledge with Canon systems is a bonus.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
You’ll work with creatives, strategists, coders and assorted genii to create award-winning, category-defying work. You’ll also get:
- A starting salary of between £26,000 to £28,000 depending upon experience.
- Personal Development & Conference budgets
- F45 Gym Membership
- Sustainable Pension Scheme
- Corporate Healthcare & cash-back scheme
- Enhanced maternity / paternity leave
- Charity fundraising donation matching
- Access to Independent Financial Advisor
- Hybrid working
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Monthly Massage & Wellbeing Therapist
- Learning Lunches
So, if the above sounds like you please send your CV, a short summary of what “filmmaking” means to you; and finally a few links to your best work.
Up for the challenge?