Communications Support Officer
- Institute for Employment Studies
- £24,700 - £29,800
- Design / Creative, Editorial / Content
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Would you like a job that makes a difference? The kind of difference that will make the UK a better place to live, study and work?
Making a difference through social research
As a not-for-profit, the Institute for Employment Studies (IES) has been delivering independent, evidence-based research and consulting that makes a difference for fifty years.
We are seeking to appoint a new Communications Support Officer to support the effective delivery of internal and external communications within IES. Working with the Head of Communications, this is an exciting opportunity to help make an impact on policy and practice through reporting, media management, social media and design.
This is a varied and interesting role, with an opportunity to work across different aspects of communications and digital marketing. The role requires expertise in communications and digital design, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience of the successful applicant include:
- Data visualisation and design experience relating to the production of infographics/posters.
- Experience of social media, digital marketing, and campaign-based projects.
- A high level of IT literacy, ideally including proficiency in a range of software covering some or all of:
- publication and word processing (MS Office suite/Adobe Acrobat)
- graphic design (Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Piktochart, Illustrator)
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong organisational skills, flexibility, and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A professional and proactive approach to their work.
We offer excellent benefits including 27 days holiday per year, plus four closure days over Christmas, plus bank holidays and a contributory career-average defined-benefit pension scheme (USS).
We support flexible working, and so would be happy to consider applications from candidates seeking to work flexibly.
Please return your CV, covering letter and equal opportunities monitoring form to: email@example.com or post to Careers, IES, City Gate, 185 Dyke Road, Brighton BN3 1TL (Telephone: 01273 763456).
Application closing date: Monday 12th June 2023, midday.
At IES, our research and practice are guided by our values and our staff act in accordance with these. Our values centre on: respecting others, acting with integrity, collaboration, curiosity, excellence and compassion.
The Institute for Employment Studies is actively seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all under-represented communities and groups. We are particularly keen to attract ethnic minority candidates given their under-representation within applied social research. We are a Disability Confident Employer and are happy to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate the individual requirements of candidates with disabilities.
The Institute for Employment Studies encourages career development at all ages. Join us and work for an employer that values your experience. #AgeFriendlyEmployer
We are committed to supporting our staff at every stage of their career. That’s why we have signed up to the Menopause Workplace Pledge. Find out more about this campaign from the charity Wellbeing of Women.