- flexible working
- professional development
- health insurance
- a staff perks scheme.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a close-knit team, ideal for someone who believes (as we do) that good writing is inseparable from good business.
The entire working world now relies on communication through the written word. We’re far more likely to email or message each other than we are to talk.
As you’d expect, our standards are high. In return, we’re offering you the chance to become part of a friendly team, in a role with great benefits and the flexibility to work from home or our office in Hove.
The operations coordinator will play a key role in the company. We currently run around 70 courses a month, both online and in person – and that number is set to grow significantly. It’s the operations team’s job to ensure both participants and our trainers have everything they need to make those courses a success.
This is a busy and varied role, which will include:
- Setting up courses on our database and sending joining instructions to clients and delegates
- Processing delegates’ pre-course work
- Liaising with delegates and responding to their queries
- Managing delegate appointments
- Preparing course materials for delegates and trainers
- Uploading materials to our external print company and arranging delivery with clients
- Booking trainers’ travel and accommodation
- Providing support on the courses we deliver online (including basic troubleshooting of technical issues)
- Helping to manage trainers’ calendars
- Logging delegate attendance and processing course feedback
- Setting up e-learning subscriptions and helping with user queries
- Assisting with general office administration and support.
During your first six months we will help you build your knowledge of the role. You’ll gradually take on and master key tasks, and you'll progress to taking on full client programmes within a year.
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong writing skills (a short test on this is a standard part of our recruitment process)
- Excellent organisational and admin skills
- A great eye for detail
- Superb customer-service skills
- A strong aptitude for using technology (especially platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Office applications)
- Excellent telephone manner
- An interest in language and learning
- Flexible and adaptable attitude (willing to start early or finish late on occasion)
- The ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Experience of the training/learning-and-development industry would be a bonus.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and stating why you think you’d be a suitable candidate.