Liquid Light are looking for a Front-end developer to join our existing development team. You will be working closely with our back-end developers, designers, UX specialists and strategists to support our front-end developers in crafting beautiful, accessible websites.
Our main CMS and framework is TYPO3, which has a steep learning curve but is highly flexible once you’re familiar with it. We’re looking for someone who isn’t phased by a challenge and, with the support of our CTO and development team, can thrive in the role.
We believe in training our staff with real-world problems with real-world code supported by the full team. Ideally, you will deploy code to production within your first week and be completing support tickets independently within the first couple of months. Solutions to problems are generally found together with a colleague and all code is fully browsable in our hosted Git environment, allowing you to learn from work others are doing.
We work from the office twice a week so someone who can travel to Brighton is a necessity for this role.
If you have any questions about the role or responsibilities, do not hesitate to email email@example.com.
- Develop on live projects and existing client websites
- Work with and support our backend development team
- Follow steps and procedures to carry out upgrades and conversions
- Be able to work independently but able to ask for help if required
- Collaborate on documentation with the team
- Work with designers and account managers to help debug or explain issues in plain language
- 2 years commercial experience, or equivalent
- An understanding of version control
- Great communicator
- A person who has the drive, and is willing, to learn new things and grow as a developer and team member.
Technology we work with
The list below is the tech we work with and use regularly. You are not expected to know all of the below as training will be given on all aspects, it’s just here more so there are no surprises on your first day.
- Git, Gitlab, Command line/SSH & DDEV (for local development)
- PHP, MySQL
- SCSS, jQuery, SVGs, Gulp & Webpack
We’re a highly creative and professional team - with exacting standards and a well-earned reputation for producing award-winning work for a diverse and international client base.
Our portfolio is made up of a healthy mix of world-class commercial clients as well as a broad range of Not for Profit and NGO organisations.
- Christmas office shut down on top of your regular holiday entitlement
- A day off work for your birthday
- Generous profit share
- Flexible working hours with remote working on a weekly basis
- Central Brighton office with snacks & drinks provided
- Regular team socials
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual performance and pay reviews along with regular check-ins with your manager
- Engaging projects for an enviable selection of international clients
- A talented team of designers, developers, and strategists to collaborate and share ideas with
- Regular show and tells and skill swaps, and the occasional hack day
- Annual training budget to be spent on what you decide - tickets to conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Time off for working with charities/volunteering
Please note: we will be reviewing applications as they come in and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.