We’re looking for a talented Web Developer to join our agency. As part of the growing development team, you will play a crucial role in the delivery of our web projects.
As a self motivated member of the agency, your days will be full of variety, working across an exciting range of web projects in a multitude of sectors, including music and arts, hospitality, education, live entertainment, fashion and food & beverage.
You will be able to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders, have a well rounded technical skill set and a supportive and proactive work ethic.
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Full stack development, maintenance and deployment of web projects.
- Delivery of high quality web work on time, on brief and to budget.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI and UX designs.
- Providing accurate time estimates for your work.
- Ensuring all work has undergone thorough testing and meets acceptance criteria.
- Working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams on client work and agency projects.
- Effectively communicating with clients across projects and support.
- Taking part in client meetings as necessary.
- Contributing technical insight to sales pitches and proposals.
- Keeping up to date with technological advancements in the industry and proactively implementing improvements to the agency's web offering.
The ideal candidate should have
- Minimum 2 years in professional web development.
- Writing clear and understandable code using modern coding standards and best practices.
- The ability to debug your own code and that of others.
- Experience in versioning technologies such as Git / Github / Gitlab.
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Laravel.
- Experience with WordPress (developing themes, plugins and Gutenberg components).
- Experience with Docker and container technologies.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Highly technical and analytical.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in client facing environments.
- Experience with Shopify (Liquid templating, custom apps and the Shopify API).
- Experience with technical CRM integrations.
- Experience with devops, CI/CD.
- Experience with Indexed search technology such as Elastic Search or Algolia.
- Good knowledge of current SEO principles.
- Solid understanding of Ecommerce.
- Familiarity with the Linux command line.
Joining our team
As a growing digital agency, our days are a mix of interesting client work, inspiring thought sharing sessions, technical challenges and plenty of fun along the way. We work hard, but understand the importance of a healthy balance too. We encourage transparency and promote openness. We're a company that believes everyone should have a voice and the platform to create positive change. As part of our dedicated team of digital experts, you'll get the chance to learn about many aspects of the business, alongside opportunities for professional development and progression within the agency. We're ambitious and driven, with great clients, fascinating projects and an inclusive culture.
If this feels like a good fit we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV along with a covering letter, indicating your salary expectations and notice period in your application.
What we give to you
- A competitive salary.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- An additional day off for your birthday.
- An extra day added to your holiday allowance each year.
- Medical cash plan.
- Regular company socials.
- Most Valuable Player prizes.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A suitable laptop / computer hardware.
- Supportive working environment.
The majority of our team work 2 days from home and 3 days from our Brighton office each week. We also have regular in person meetings with clients, which may require you to travel to their place of business. We understand the importance of flexibility, and are happy to discuss your individual needs.
No recruiters please!