- Major Digital
- £35,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
- Project Management
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Full-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
About the job
We want to welcome a detail-oriented and financial-performance-focused Project Manager to MAJOR to plan and execute a growing workload for a growing delivery team.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who has relevant experience working in creative agencies to drive efficient delivery of projects and can report back to senior leadership on key project metrics, especially financial performance ones.
You will act as a conduit between our clients, account managers, and the delivery team, with an aim to maximise success for all parties. Projects and retainers should be managed with regular communication, status updates and reporting to ensure everyone is continuously up-to-date.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must-have as is being able to understand and evaluate predominantly digital and brand-related requests from clients, to brief internally.
The project manager's role is to plan and efficiently execute any work MAJOR has agreed to undertake. It's a much more 'project detail' and delivery focussed role than the Account Manager's 'account focussed' role, which has more of a focus on new business and strategic account growth.
The Project Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining project plans, managing internal and external stakeholders, task planning & timely delivery, risk management, scheduling, budgeting & conflict resolution.
Making things better than they were before, everyday.
Designing and building robust and remarkable brand experiences and digital products, through restless innovation and constantly evolving expertise over the past 15+ years. MAJOR are a small but mighty team based in Brighton. And we really love what we do.
Our core essence is that we invest wholeheartedly in the belief of better.
Our mission is to treat our client’s problems as if they were our own and remain committed to delivering unforgettable work. We love our work and take pride in what we do.
Ensuring our team has a healthy work-life balance is key to delivering effectively so we’re flexible to both regular working options and ad-hoc requirements to ensure everyone remains happy and energised.
Our office is located at the new innovation hub Plus X in Brighton.
The key components for our Project Manager role include:
- Planning and defining delivery scope: Understanding the defined scope of the project, planning the start and working towards a defined finish.
- Task planning and sequencing: Managing the tasks allocated to the delivery team and dealing with any issues or challenges during the project. Doing everything to ensure successful on-time delivery, including ensuring the project is delivered in line with expectations set at the start.
- Resource planning & reporting: Planning & managing resource utilisation across the business (both internal resources and third-party/external contract resources) and identifying risks/bottlenecks that may impede project delivery or impact costs - and providing weekly reports to the leadership team.
- Managing and maintaining the critical path: Maintaining close contact with the team and communicating the expected deliverables and timelines.
- Client communication buffer: Helps the delivery team avoid getting caught up in direct communications with the client, which improves overall efficiency.
- Time & cost estimating: Responsible for working with internal stakeholders to define time & cost estimates for new project tasks.
- Managing risks and issues: Keeps a log of key project risks & issues.
- Documentation management: Responsible for setting up & maintaining an 'organised' repository of all project documentation using the current platforms used within the MAJOR business.
- Project variations: Monitors project delivery to ensure any project variations are identified early and communicated/negotiated with the client in partnership with the Account Manager.
- Quality control: Responsible for overseeing that QA on all written and visual project output as been conducted (where possible - obviously, you can't check/critique lines of code).
- Being a key part of our journey in the belief of better.
You and this role
- 2+ years of relevant agency experience in a similar role.
- Agency-side experience.
- Able to bring confidence and efficiency to the team.
- Full-time preferable, but open to those who require more flexibility.
- Excellent communication and financial reporting skills.
- Experience of using ClickUp as a project management tool is preferable but wouldn’t take long to get up to speed.
- UK-based, able and willing to travel to our Brighton office at least a couple of days a week.
- £35,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
- Minimum 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and a day off on your birthday)
- Company pension contributions
- Hybrid working
- The kit that you need to do your job
- Yearly training budget
- Enhanced maternity / paternity leave
- Regular team socials that help bring us all together
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you detail your skills and experience.
Please note, we will be interviewing as soon as we receive applications. We will be in touch if we’d like to take your application further.
If successful in your initial application, we’ll move forward with a three stage interview process:
- Initial Screening — 15 minute call (remote) with Technical Director
- Knowledge Screening — 45-60 minute call (remote) with Technical Director and/or Experience Director, including a short example project plan.
- Cultural Add Interview — 1 hour meeting (in-person) with Technical Director and Experience Director.