Senior Frontend Developer
Sprung Studios is seeking an experienced Senior Front-end Developer to join our team!
Are you an experienced developer looking for your next role? Do you want to work on AAA games? The ideal candidate will be an experienced Front-end Developer who can create interfaces for AAA game projects. They will have experience coaching and managing a small team of talented Front-end Developers and have worked closely with external partners/clients. Working collaboratively with the Production team, the Senior Front-end developer will assist with scoping work and setting overall direction for the tasks and initiatives the team is working towards.
If you’re looking for a chance to collaborate with a skilled team of passionate professionals then Sprung Studios is the place for you.
Who we are:
We are specialists in UX/UI for video games and a globally recognised partner for the games industry. We have worked on some of the world's biggest games for clients such as EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, SEGA, and many more. We are a growing company of 70+ people across Brighton (UK) and Vancouver (Canada).
We make Sprung Studios a great home for people who love making games by setting a high bar for diversity and inclusion, and fostering a fair, collaborative, high-performing culture.
To get there, we’re driven by a few simple beliefs.
- That people work better when they have a healthy work/life balance (no overtime or crunch).
- In mental health being a primary focus for our studio.
- That people work better with a mixture of remote and in-person collaboration.
- That teams win together only when they are both diverse and inclusive.
- In leveraging our strengths, knowing our weaknesses, and being honest about both is the best way to succeed, whether that’s in the office or in a game.
- That work can be a place where you make lifelong friends, partner with ambitious teammates, and embrace the joy of making games.
- That these beliefs will help us surface the best ideas, challenge the status quo, and ultimately make better games.
What You Will Do:
- Work with UX/UI Designers and the Frontend Development team to build interfaces for games
- Manage a small team of HTML/CSS focused Frontend developers
- Work closely with co-development partners and Production to set priorities and create plans
- Design, write, debug, and refine UI systems
- Assist in the design of UI functionality
- Implement UI design assets in-game
- Develop game client systems
What You Will Bring:
- 3+ Years of Experience building websites, UI, or games
- Proficient with Typescript
- Familiar with any of the following: Redux + React / jQuery / Preact/ WebPack/ Anime.js
- Familiar with browser performance and debugging techniques
- Experience with managing teams of three or more people
- Strong level of verbal and written communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Keen eye for design detail in UX usability and UI layouts
- Up to date knowledge of industry trends
- Interest in games and game development
- Interest in User Interfaces and User Experience
- Shareable portfolio of previous work on Games/ Websites
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with SCMs such as Git or Perforce
- Experience creating UI for games
- Exposure to Coherent Gameface
- Experience of working with games and game development
Why work at Sprung Studios?
- A chance to work on some of the best games in the industry
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Healthy work/life balance with fixed working hours
- Hybrid working model
- 20 days holiday (increasing with tenure)
- 12 additional WFH days to use as you would like through the year
- Additional Studio wide Winter shutdown
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Access to an onsite gym
- Regular Studio Socials
- Unique Studio location with amazing coastal views
- Soft Drinks Fridge
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks
We are working with a hybrid model. Mondays and Fridays are an option to work from home, with everyone in the Studio on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as our core collaboration days.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter.
Sprung Studios is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
This is not a remote position.
No agencies please!