Sprung Studios is seeking a UX/UI Designer to join our team!
Are you an experienced UX/UI Designer looking for your next role? Do you want to work on AAA games? The ideal candidate will be an experienced Designer who can create complex solutions for AAA games. Working within our established processes, you will work closely with the rest of the team to create the best possible user experience.
You will use your skills to create entire systems by producing wireframes, flows, UI concepts and engine ready assets. If you’re looking for a chance to collaborate with a skilled team of passionate professionals then Sprung Studios is the place for you.
Who we are:
We are specialists in UX/UI for video games and a globally recognised partner for the games industry. We have worked on some of the world's biggest games for clients such as EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, SEGA, and many more. We are a growing company of 80+ people across Brighton (UK) and Vancouver (Canada).
We make Sprung Studios a great home for people who love making games by setting a high bar for diversity and inclusion, and fostering a fair, collaborative, high-performing culture.
To get there, we’re driven by a few simple beliefs.
- That people work better when they have a healthy work/life balance (no overtime or crunch)
- In mental health being a primary focus for our studio
- That people work better with a mixture of remote and in-person collaboration
- That teams win together only when they are both diverse and inclusive
- In leveraging our strengths, knowing our weaknesses, and being honest about both is the best way to succeed, whether that’s in the office or in a game
- That work can be a place where you make lifelong friends, partner with ambitious teammates, and embrace the joy of making games
- That these beliefs will help us surface the best ideas, challenge the status quo, and ultimately make better games
What You Will Do:
- As a designer at Sprung Studios you will be assigned to one of the many exciting game projects we have in the studio
- With the support of a Senior UX/UI Designer you will be involved in seeing the project through from ideation to completion. This includes producing flows, wireframes, visual designs, presentations and working closely with our animators and developers
- Take complex mechanics and use your knowledge of games and interaction design to produce creative and effective solutions
- Produce considered and annotated documents to showcase your work
- With the support of senior staff, the candidate will be expected to present their work and investigations to clients
What You Will Bring:
- Excellent working knowledge of design software such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Visual design skills with an ability to match existing styles, as well as creating new visual directions. Demonstrated with an online portfolio
- Ability to solve UX problems both creatively and effectively
- Experience with UI design and up-to-date with the latest UI design trends
- You must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Confidence in presenting to clients both in person and on calls
- A strong passion for games on all platforms
- Be able to create documentation to detail your workflow and findings
- Outgoing and innovative, with strong interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrable input on at least one shipped title
- Degree in a related field
- Experience of working with Unreal, Unity or proprietary engines
Why work at Sprung Studios?
- A chance to work on some of the best games in the industry
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Healthy work/life balance with fixed working hours
- Hybrid working model
- 20 days holiday (increasing with tenure)
- 12 additional WFH days to use as you would like through the year
- Additional Studio wide Winter shutdown
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Access to an onsite gym
- Regular Studio Socials
- Unique Studio location with amazing coastal views
- Soft Drinks Fridge
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks
We are working with a hybrid model. Mondays and Fridays are an option to work from home, with everyone in the Studio on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as our core collaboration days.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter.
Sprung Studios is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
This is not a remote position.
No agencies please!