Latest Funding and Grant Opportunities
Here’s your regular round up of all the latest available digital, creative and media grants and funding opportunities, sent to you as one of the benefits of your Wired Sussex Membership.
This update will give you access to information on what financial support is available to help your business grow.
Not helpful? Or maybe you’re not the right person to contact with this information. If so just email our Membership Coordinator
Kieron, or simply log in to your account
and click on the “funding newsletter” link to edit your details.
Digital R&D Fund
- is looking to support research and development projects that use digital technology to enhance arts audience reach and/or explore new business models. Funds of £125,000 are available.
The fund will focus on the following key themes: user generated content and social media, digital distribution and exhibition, mobile location and games, data and archives, resources, education and learning.
Closing date: 30 December 2013.
- Start-ups and small and medium-sized businesses from across the UK can apply for an Innovation Voucher. They are designed to encourage businesses to look outside their current network for new knowledge that can help them to grow and develop.
A grant of up to £5000 is available to businesses to work with a supplier for the first time and is used to pay for knowledge or technology transfer from that supplier.
Closing date: Ongoing
Creative Skill Set
– are running a number of training funds aimed at freelancers working in or returning to work for the TV, film and audio industries. There is £800 - £1500 available.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interactive Projects Development
- is a funding scheme aimed at companies who have already produced at least one interactive project. Grants of between €10,000 - €150,000 are available.
Closing date: 12th April 2013.
– supports the development, production and completion of all types of feature film. They’re looking for projects that demonstrate a bold vision and showcase the UK’s diversity.
All film-makers are eligible to apply for part of the £18 million fund.
Available in 2013-14.
Open initiative -
is a £1 million initiative for new site-specific commissions across the UK.
Creative’s working in any media can apply for this funding including those artists working in a digital space.
Closing date: 29 April 2013
Top Up Fund: Photography –
will provide you with £500 to showcase photography to a public and industry audience via books, exhibitions and multimedia installations.
Closing date: 13th February 2013.
Big Venture Challenge
– is a contest designed to help ambitious social entrepreneurs successfully scale up their ventures. Entrants must be secure investment funding of between £50,000 and £250,000 over the next twelve months.
Winners will then receive match funding of between £25,000 and £100,000; however, UnLtd will take a 2% share of business revenue for the following two years.
Closing date: 8th of February 2013.
Ideas Fund Innovators
- provides £1,000 to assist young entrepreneurs with their creative projects.
Closing date: 4th April 2013.